Для студентов 2 курса, срок обучения 5,5 лет СибУПК
1. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения. Помните, что объектный и субъектный инфинитивные обороты соответствуют придаточным предложениям.
- We know the British cotton industry to have risen in the eighteenth century.
- Agriculture is considered to have seen many changes in the eighteenth century.
- The method to be used here may be tested beforehand
2. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод зависимого и независимого (самостоятельного) причастных оборотов.
- Britain having most of her coalfields near the sea, this was a great help to cheap transport.
- Having reached the factory stage, the cotton industry set the pace for the development of other industries.
- India exporting cotton goods was gradually turned to a big customer for British cotton.
3. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык сложные предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод условных предложений.
- It would be difficult to translate this article without a dictionary.
- If you had used new methods in your work the results would have been better.
- You will go to the conference if you send your theses in time.
4. Прочтите и устно переведите следующий текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 1,2,3-й абзацы.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF GREAT BRITAIN IN THE EIGHTEENTH CENTURY
- We know the eighteenth century in Britain to be marked by the industrial revolution, which transformed commodity production by developing factories using steam power and machinery for mass production. In the middle of the eighteenth century the basic industries for this development were coal and iron. The future of the iron industry, and of coal, was assured. These industries being successfully developed, new inventions led to power-driven machinery and factory production. 1760 may therefore be reasonably taken as the starting point for a new era.
- The production of iron is known to have jumped from seventeen million tons in 1740 to over a hundred and twenty five million tons by the end of the century, and Britain began to export iron. All this helped to increase the expanding export trades. Woolen cloth had been the main export of England, but in the eighteenth century the new cotton cloth became more important and the British cotton industry rose.
- The rising demand for cotton cloth led to improvements in production. New machines appeared and this led to the factory stage. Cotton was the first industry to reach this stage. For several decades into the next century cotton provided about half the total value of British exports, and the cotton factories set the pace for the development of other industries.
5. Прочтите 4-й абзац текста и ответьте письменно на следующий вопрос:
Where was the capital for the developments in coal mining, iron- making and cotton factories taken from?
6. Перепишите и письменно переведите деловое письмо.
STANDARD ELECTRIC CORPORATION 2120 Oak Terrace Lake Bluff, Illinois 60044
Mr. Bruce Kretchmer
Kretchmer's Appliance Store
1135 State Street
Chicago, Illinois 60688
Dear Mr. Kretchmer,
It is my pleasure to welcome you as an SEC credit customer, for your requect for credit has been approved.
Your first order, for 6 Model 18E toasters, will be ready for shipment on Monday, February 22.
On the first of each month, we will prepare a statement of the previous month's purchases. Your payment is due in full on the tenth. With each statement, you will also receive a supply of order forms and return envelopes.
Arlene Ryan, your personal SEC sales representative, will visit you some time next week. In addition to bringing you catalogs and samples, she will explain you our special dealer options, such as advertising campaigns and rebate programs.
We are delighted that SEC can be a part of your store's beginnings and look forward to serving you for many years to come.