Контрольная работа №2
Упражнение 1. Вставьте нужное местоимение или существительное в притяжательном падеже.
- _____ usually see them at the weekend? (we, us, our)
- How do you teach _____ to read? (him, he, his)
- _____ write to my friends once a month. (I, me, she)
- _____ love music. (we, me, she)
- Please wait for _____. (we, us, they)
- Don't tell _____ the news. ( she, he, her)
- My sister is coming to see _____ this weekend. (I, my, me)
Упражнение 2. Поставьте глаголы в правильную форму. Примеры:
- (not / rain) Let's go out now. It isn't raining
- (they / speak) Listen to those people. What language are they speaking?
- (study) Please don't make so much noise! I am studying.
- (you / look) Why ____________ at me like that? What's wrong?
- (try) Please be quiet! I ____________ to concentrate.
- (snow) Look! It ____________.
- (you / wear) Why _________________ your coat today? It's very warm.
- (not / work) I _____________________ this
week. I'm on holiday.
- (look) Excuse me, I ______________ for
a phone box.
- (you / enjoy) In the cinema: It's a good film, isn't it? ________________ it?
- (not / eat) I want to lose weight. I ___________________ anything today.
Упражнение 3. Прочтите диалог между Стивом и Брайаном. Поставьте глаголы в нужной форме. Первый уже сделан для образца.
Brian and Steve meet in a restaurant.
Brian: Hello, Steve. I haven't seen you for ages.
What (1) are you doing (you / do) these days.
Steve: I (2) _______________ (train) to be a manager.
Brian: Really? (3) _______________________ (you / enjoy) it?
Steve: Yes, it's quite interesting. How about you?
Brian: Well, I (4) ____________ (not / work)
at the moment, but I'm very busy. I (5)
______________ (build) a house.
Steve: Really? (6) _______________________
(you / do) it alone/
Brian: No, some friend of mine (7) _________________ (help) me.
Дополните диалог формами глагола ''to be'', ''to do'' и ''to have got'' из таблицы:
Do, is, have…got, does, am, don't, are, doesn't, have.
Hello, I ___ Kate Kern. And what ___ your name?
- Hi, my name ___ Ann Brown. I ___ glad to meet you.
- Where ___ you live, Ann?
- I ___ from Leeds. And where ___ you from?
- I ____ from London. ____ there a sports center in Leeds?
- Yes, there ____ three big sports centers in my town.
- What _____ your favorite sport?
- I like swimming. And what about you? _____ you like swimming?
- No, I _____. But my best friend _____. And I like tennis.
- Have you got any hobbies? Do you like reading?
- Yes, I do. What _____ your favorite book?
I like detective stories. Do you?
- No, I ____. ____ you ____ any brothers or sisters?
- No, I ____ the only child in the family.
- And I ____ a brother.
- How old ____ he?
- He ____ 4. He ____ go to school. I help him a lot.
You ____ a happy girl!
Вставьте в предложения подходящую форму глагола из таблицы:
build(s); fly(flies); like(s); live(s); open(s); speak(s); cause(s); close(s)
Ann speaks German very well.
- My friend _____ meat.
- The swimming pool_____at 9 o'clock and_____at 18.30 every day.
- Bad driving_____many accidents.
- My parents_____in a very small flat.
- Birds _____ their nests in the summer and _____to the south in the winter.
Впишите глагол в нужной форме:
- Jane doesn't eat (not/eat) meat very often.
- _____ my friends _____(go) to the office every day?
- "Where_____(Martin/come) from?" "He's Scottish."
- "What_____(you/do)?" "I'm an auditor."
- It_____(take) me an hour to get to work. How long_____(it/take) you?
- I_____(play) the piano but I_____(not/play) very well.
- They _____(not/wash) their hands before dinner.
Вставьте в пропуски глаголы из таблицы. Вам понадобится и отрицательная форма:
believe; eat; flow; go; grow; make; rise; tell; translate
The sun goes round the earth.
- Rice doesn't grow in Britain.
- The sun_____in the east.
- An atheist_____in God.
- An interpreter_____from one language into another.
- A liar is someone who_____the truth.
- The River Amazon_____into the Atlantic Ocean.
Задайте вопросы по образцу:
- You know that John plays football. You want to know how often. Ask him. How often do you play football?
- Perhaps John's brother plays football too. You want to know. Ask John. _____ your brother ____________________________________.
- You know that John reads a magazine every day. You want to know which one. Ask him. ____________________________________.
- You know that John's brother works. You want to know what he does. Ask John. _____________________________________
- You know that John goes to the theatre a lot. You want to know how often. Ask him. _____________________________________
- You don't know where John's father lives. Ask John ________________________________.
Заполните пропуски словосочетаниями из таблицы:
I apologise I insist I promise
I recommend I suggest
What fine weather we are having today! I _____ we go out for a walk in the park.
- I won't tell anybody what you said. _____ .
- I _____ that I pay for the meal.
- _____ for what I did. I wasn't right and I
shouldn't have done it.
- The Thai restaurant near here is very good. _____ it.
Упражнение 10. Составьте предложения из данных слов, например:
- I/ work./ usually/ drive/ to
I usually drive to work.
- do/ What/ you/ do?
- having/ We/ on/ a/ are/ Saturday./ party
- she/ does/ Where/ live?
- have/ women/ Many/ today./ careers/
- stay/ They/ two/ can/ weeks./ for
- speak/ you/ Do/ Spanish?
Упражнение 11. Закончите предложения, используя предлоги в рамке.
I work in an open plan office.
- The temperature remains constant ……….. 30°.
- In Alaska the temperature varies ………..- 45° in winter and 20° in summer.
- We like travelling ……….. plane.
The bank is open ……….. 9