I. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Вставьте нужный артикль: a) a; b) an; c) the; d) -.
1..... second largest stock exchange in the USA is American Stock Exchange.
2. Iron is bread ... the industry; nickel is meat.
3. It gave me .. intense satisfaction that all enjoyed my article.
4. He was .. bachelor with small income
II. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Заполните пропуски неопределенными местоимениями или их производными: a) some; b) any; c) no; d) их производные.
1. Is there ... money in your savings account? – No, there isn’t .....
2. It meant real hardship to my mother unless I earned.... money at once.
3. This is my business and .... else’s.
4. I can’t fetch you because I.... longer have my car. I am selling it tomorrow.
III. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Заполните пропуски следующими словами: a) much; b) many;
c) (a) little; d) (a) few
1. It takes one .... money to join a credit union.
2. I suggested that he should get.... grapes and .... bread.
3. I’ll come at 7 tomorrow. – No, you needn’t come that early, we start .... later.
4. .... big firms obtain funds by selling commercial paper.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Выберите форму глагола.
1. At present we .... a new sales director.
a) are recruiting b) is recruiting
c) was recruiting d) were recruiting
2. In recent years the government .... financial assistance towards the costs of developments in micro-electronics, office automation, computer – aided design, robots and aerospace.
a) had provided b) will have provided
c) has provided d) have provided
3.I .....all this typing by 5 p.m.
a) will have finished b) would have finished
c) will finish d) would finish
4. The classical economists... money as more than a medium of exchange.
a) regarded b) regard
c) will regard d) regards
V. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Выберите правильную форму глагола в пассивном залоге.
1. At this stage the raw materials .....into this container.
a) was loaded b) were loaded
c) is loaded d) are loaded
2. The management knew what prices .... for the commodity in every part of the market.
a) was being asked b) were being asked
c) is being asked d)are being asked
3. You may come at five o’clock; the accounts ....
a) is checked b) are checked
c) would checked d) will be checked
4. This question .... at the last meeting and no conclusion was reached them.
a) was raised b) were raised
c) is raised d) are raised
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Выберите правильную форму глагола в условных предложениях.
1. If the price of butter.... the demand for margarine would probably fall.
a) will fall b) would fall
c) fall d) fell
2. If you hire anyone, you will, of course, need to pay a salary, and if you ... your business to expand, you will need capital for research, growth, and expansion.
a) want b) wants
c) wanted d) to want
3. If demand ... inelastic, the movement of the supply curve would lead to a relatively large fall in price and a relatively small increase in the quantity demanded.
a) was b) were
c) be d) will be
4. If I .... that I wouldn’t have said anything.
a) has known b) have known
c) had known d) will known
VII. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Употребите сложное дополнение.
1. He made his bookkeeper ....a lawyer.
a) consult b) consults
c) consulted d) will consult
2. I known advertising .... a poor product or service into a good one.
a) turn b) turned
c) to turn d) to be turn
3. I must have these shoes ....
a) mend b) mends
c) mended d) will mend
4. I’d like them .... a single room with private bathroom for three nights.
a) book b) books
c) to book d) booked
VIII. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. Употребите сложное подлежащее.
1. The new rocket is reported .... into operation next year.
a) go b) goes
c) to go d) to be gone
2. He is said ... a good translator.
a) am b) is
c) are d) to be
3. The weather in Europe was reported .... hot last summer.
a) to have been b) has been
c) have been d) had been
4. They appeared ... the way.
a) has lost b) have lost
c) to have lost d) had lost